Saturday, November 18, 2006

Hmmm I'm Hungry



Hmmm I'm hungry. I'm really craving a good hamburger. I wonder if I can find one accross the river.


Maybe I should just ask someone for their favorite....





Should I ask this guy????






Naa, He looks like one of those guys who films someone taking a picture of someone taking a picture. What a weirdo. He's probably going to the worlds largest Applebees anyway.



How about this guy???




Whoa, this guy has some issues





What about this guys behind me, think he might have any ideas???










OK, I'm not eating anywhere near here!!!!




Let's get back above ground










Hmmm. What is this???




A beautiful park, right accross the street from a New York landmark, the flatiron bldg (sorry no pic). But hark, look at the squirrels (or are they furry rats???). But alas, I'm hungry, lets see what is cooking



Burgers, Dogs, Shakes and Fries oh my. I've actually heard about the burgers here from a TV show on Discovery channel called, 'Cash Cab'. So we try the burger and Fries with a shake.



OH....MY...GOD... It's really good. OK, not really good, it's actually really great, ok it's not actually really great, it's probably the best hamburger I've ever had at a restaurant. Everything about it was great!!!

The meat was very tasty, the bun was real good (an egg type bun if I'm not mistaken) and it was cute the way the bun was actually cut open, but not all the way through so that none of the buger slide out the back. Everything about it was the greatest!!!

Here is a closeup of the burger



It was so good Lotus and I went back a few days later and had another. And the shake, the shake was real good too. Extremely creamy, but still thick enough to be called a shake.

Soo to test my thoughts I actually did go to In n Out about 2 days after we got back from New York, and I was right.... Shake shack has spoiled me forever. The In n Out Burger was just alright. Still better than most other places burgers, but just not as good as the Shacks burger.

So if your ever in New York, near 23rd and Madison I highly recommend trying the Shake Shack!!!

7 Comments:

At 11/19/2006 3:35 PM, Blogger caninecologne said...

great burger photos! i'd like one of those right about now!

 
At 11/19/2006 10:05 PM, Blogger bert wolfe said...

Freakin' made me hungry. That's it. I'm gonna get a burger for lunch tomorrow. But where?

 
At 11/21/2006 9:22 AM, Blogger HotFudge said...

Bert,
The next time your craving a hamburger check out Tommy's Burgers in Clairemont Mesa. Screg told me the story of how some of you drove out to L.A. just to try one. Now you can enjoy them here in S.D.

 
At 11/22/2006 7:54 AM, Blogger bert wolfe said...

HF, yeah I went to Tommy's in Clairemont a few months back. It was pretty good although I missed the comraderie of the other guys while devouring the burger. I also forgot how messy it could be. I'll probably go back sometime. I'm trying to cut back on the burgers (again), but Shogun's blog inspired me.

 
At 11/22/2006 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!!!! Weren't you inspired by the 50 mile ride? You can't just pick and choose brother.

 
At 11/29/2006 1:16 PM, Blogger mikshir said...

makes me wanna drive back down to jersey for some white castle

 
At 12/08/2006 1:52 PM, Blogger ScregMan said...

Shogun on a quest...

Doesn't get much better than that...

If you ever need a ronin to watch your back, gimme a call...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home